“A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future” was once said by Coco Chanel. Though this might be something too over-the-top, it is true that how a woman smells really makes a difference in everything around her, and that is why buying the best fragrance perfumes for women is a good choice. The best fragrance perfumes for women not only make you feel attractive but also boost your confidence, thereby reducing stress.
The art of perfume-making dates back a long time. The Romans, Arabs, Indians, Orientals, etc., have played their part in perfumery. The first recorded perfume maker was from Mesopotamia, named Tapputi. Indians developed the process of distillation of perfumes, or “ittar”. A massive perfume factory was also excavated during the Bronze Age in Cyprus. However, the Arabs and Persians have played a big part in introducing some of the major ingredients used in perfumery to the world. Then this concept was taken up by France- which is the hub of perfumes at this moment.
Natural oils are extracted from natural substances like flowers and fruits through processes like distillation, cohobation, or enfleurage. Then they are blended according to the different formulas developed by the company or the perfumer. Once the fragrance is ready, it has to be mixed with alcohol and water in the desired quantities. The most expensive varieties of perfume are those that have been aged for a long time. There is no stoppage in the process of blending, even after they are bottled.
Different Types of Perfume
Every perfume has a different concentration of natural oil and alcohol in it. There are five types of perfumes available on the market. Let’s dig deeper into this and learn about the best fragrance perfumes for women.
This is a perfume with the highest concentration of fragrance oil, which is about 15%–40%. This is why this perfume is really expensive, and, along with this, it is stronger and heavier as well. As it contains more fragrance oil, it can last for a long day by just spraying on the pulse points.
- Eau De Parfum
This perfume contains a lighter concentration of perfume oil in it, which is 10% to 15%. It contains more alcohol and water and can last up to 6 to 8 hours without any problems.
- Eau De Toilette
This type of perfume has a low concentration of fragrance oil and more alcohol concentration. It contains up to 4% to 15% fragrance oil concentration and can last up to 2 to 4 hours. These types of perfumes are usually light and are perfect for office wear or special events.
- Eau De Cologne
If you are looking for a lighter variation of your fragrance, then this is for you. It holds 2% to 5% of fragrance oil concentration and lasts for 2 to 4 hours a day. This is somewhat of a diluted version of your fragrance at a cheaper price.
- Eau De Fraiche
This is the least expensive perfume as it contains only 1% to 3% concentration of perfume oil. It usually lasts for just 1-2 hours and comes in a spray bottle. The alcohol concentration in such perfumes is very high.
Some of the tips for choosing the best fragrance perfumes for women are listed below-
- You should have different perfumes in your collection according to different seasons and occasions. Some of the perfumes are perfect for the day, whereas some of them are ideal for the night. Choose strong fragrances for the cool season and light ones for the warm season.
- You should learn about the fragrance notes of your fragrance before choosing a particular perfume. Learn about the final notes of your fragrance before committing to it.
- You should know about the fragrance family of your perfume. This means that your perfume will stay with you for a long time, so you should be well aware of it.
- It is always a good idea to know about your skin type as perfumes react differently to different skin tones. If you have dry skin, then your perfume will disappear faster.
- Whenever you go perfume shopping, you should always spray on the blotter paper and then smell. This is because it will help you make a decision a bit quicker.
- Also, you should never try a whole collection of perfumes at a single time. Make sure you take some time out and wander a bit before making a final purchase. After all, your perfume stays with you for a long time.
Best Fragrance Perfumes for Women
The best fragrance perfumes for women are woody, oriental, floral, spicy, and citrus. The final decision is made by the perfume wearer based on his or her preferences.
So, before purchasing the best fragrance perfumes for women, consider the points listed above.
If you enjoyed reading this blog, you might also be interested in: